Monday, July 23, 2012

Arm the Occupy Movement

I remember in the 60s how frightened folks were when they saw armed blacks walking the streets to police the police. I think it would be provocative to have all the occupy folk buy guns and wear them visibly when they next occupy Wall Street. Guns scare me. I would like to scare those who think guns are the solution to violence but don't think I could follow my own advice here. Guns in public spaces are just plain scary. It would seem that such scare tactics from the occupy movement might start the conversation the NRA doesn't want us to have.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would that then provoke a comment from the NRA? I may be missing something, but I've not heard one word from them about the Colorado shooting. The biggest issue to me is that the guns and ammunition were bought legally. Why didn't that large amount of ammunition set off some sort of red flag to authorities?