Monday, June 02, 2008

Stuff -- Good Stuff

Before I retired and now, after it has begun, I faced one question over and over again.

"What are you going to do when you retire?" Not having a great response to this I kept saying that

"I will continue to produce online course and authoring some of them as well."

"For fun?"

"Yes and for money." I would respond.

Well I am now sitting around thinking of what I will really do now that I don't have to go to committee meetings, develop Student Learning Outcomes (SLO), preparing the fall schedule, build a budget and arguing it to whomever, overseeing the building of the new theater, trying to see why the door to my office doesn't work when it is a power lock and has wires rather than keys, what to take home, what to throw away, ---- it just goes on.

I think I have figured it out. I won't be doing the stuff just listed, I will be doing STUFF, GOOD STUFF, STUFF THAT I WANT TO DO.

And of course I will continue to share what I know -- you know that teacher stops working but never stops teaching which is really sharing.

Feeling good,
Don

No comments: