Sunday, August 19, 2007

Is Rock now old people's music?

I was with Don on the Alaskan cruise and he pointed out the disjuncture between the young players and the music they were required to play. I also wondered if rock was more appropriate for those listening. When I looked around the room I would have to say that rock was certainly the music of those who now populated the cruise line (hence the popularity of the piano bar guy). They had a club bar on the ship but it didn't seem to claim the interest I would think it should have had but then realized there probably weren't many on the ship there to dance to the DJs.

So in my career it seems I started (with Don) to play music for the generation older than I was and now see young players doing the same for my generation. For those who think their music is for all time -- think again.

Dave

No comments: