Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dance hard

Beth's last post should have been created by a musician (she is one so what is my problem?). So I will talk about dancing for those who do not dance.

Children bob up and down when they hear music. Many think it is learned behavior from their parents; but, how many parents teach children to dance? They do and then we are all surprised and we dance along to keep them dancing. Beth said they move out of excitement -- to the music?

Perception is so mysterious. What is in the head of that child? Why do people have to have iPods plugged into their ears?

Beth is a free spirit dancer. I would love to be as free with my body movement. Why? What is this about?

We would all love to be able to play the piano.

We would all love to be able to sing a song and mean it.

We would all love to dance our hearts out.

We would all . . . . . .

I don't know what this is but we are all afflicted by it.

Don

1 comment:

Beth Megill said...

Perhaps we are all looking for sonething beyond our own experience. For me it is playing piano, because dancing just seems "ok". For those who play piano perhaps the dancing seems beyond their scope.

I just know that we all seem to be searching for that "metaphysical" experience of the arts-- the moment when your arm hair stands on end.

Even those of us in the arts search for that.

And the search continues. . .