Monday, June 12, 2006

Narrow winding road

Thank you for having me as a part of this blog. It is such an honor to be interacting with two people I admire so much. And I admire them for the usual and the unusual elements of their personality. For instance their ability to be completely absurd. A lost art form for many people. Imagine: Hawaii, a light blue Chrysler Van, the Megill twins at the helm driving around the beautiful island of Maui. The road narrows, then narrows again, and yet again until the width of the van tempts the cliff to our left. And then the sign: NARROW WINDING ROAD. And while most would balk at the perilous nature of the road-- the Megill twins "sing the sign" to the beatles tune, "Long and Winding Road."--go ahead and sing it to yourself--Narrow winding road. . . Being a family of musicians and singers we break into the song-- descant and percussion hits included. The perilous turned absurdly funny. And of course centered around music.
Thanks for having me on board guys.
Now if only I could get the song out of my head!!
Beth

No comments: